Last modified: February 25, 2022
Janie Reade LLC (“Organization, “our,” “us” or “we”), is a Washington limited liability company that creates literary works and offers coaching.
The Organization respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this Policy. You may exercise any of the rights described in this Policy or ask questions by contacting us at: email@example.com
This Policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In e-mail, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through any forms, submissions, or surveys (the “Forms and Submissions”) filled out by you on the Website or through e-mail.
- Through phone calls at the Organizations ‘contact us’ number.
- Through interviews and discussions.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Organization or any third party including our subsidiaries or affiliates; or
- any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Children Under the Age of 18
Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any personal information to or on the Website or any Forms and Submissions to Organization. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features on the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or username you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, zip code, e-mail address, date of birth, gender, organization, geographic area, demographic information, credit card information, and telephone number (“personal information”). Personal information does not include, aggregate or other non-personally identifiable information;
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website or forms including but not limited the contact us, comment, newsletter, and newsletter forms. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our newsletter, or engaging our Services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website or e-mail us with questions or feedback;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses, a contact us form, mail, fax, phone, or other means), if you contact us. We collect personal information contained within, and associated with your correspondence;
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research and internal purposes; and
- Information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us;
- automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, browser type, nature of your device from which you are vising the Website, the website you visited immediately prior to accessing our Website, the content, features, and activities that you access and participate in on our Website. We may collect this information automatically through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies;
- We may also collect information regarding your interaction with e-mail messages, such as when you opened a message, or forwarded a message;
- Comments on messages on public forums on the website or blog posts; and/or
- from third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
While most of the data comes directly from you, as you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website; and
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
We do not track our users over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to DO NOT TRACK (DNT) signals. However, some third-party sites do keep track of your browsing activities when it serves you content. If you are visiting sites, most browsers allow to set the DNT signal on your browser so that the third parties have notice that you do not want to be tracked. [Google DNT Support Page, Apple DNT Support Page]
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from you or third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, please see How to Disable Flash Cookies.
You may see our Website advertised in other applications or websites. After clicking on one of these advertisements and installing or uploading our Website, you will become a user of the Website. Advertising platforms, which include Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook (and whose SDKs are integrated within our Service), may collect information for optimizing advertising campaigns outside of the Service.
If we link or associate any information gathered through automatic means with personal information, or if applicable laws require us to treat any information gathered through automatic means as personal information, we treat the combined information as personal information under this Policy. Otherwise, we use and disclose information collected by automatic means in aggregate form or otherwise in a non-personally identifiable form.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To enhance, operate, display, improve, operate, or present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information about Services and information requested by you.
- We may use and disclose your personal information for operational purposes. The uses and disclosures are necessary to efficiently and effectively run this Website and offer you Services.
- To communicate with you (such as through email) about Services you have subscribed for, changes to our policies (such as this Policy), share our newsletter, or to provide important notices.
- To create new features.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To provide you with a list of referrals, resources, or educational materials, as requested by you.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- Under certain circumstances, we may use and disclose personal information about you for research purposes provided that certain steps are taken to protect your privacy. In this case, the Organization will review and approve the research project and promptly notify you to inform you of additional privacy protections.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To understand how our Services are used, to monitor and prevent problems with our Website and/or Services, and to improve our Website and/or Services.
- To contact you.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this Policy if you consent to us doing so or in the following circumstances:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- We may disclose or otherwise transfer personal information to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Organization’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Organization about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To appropriate agencies or persons when we believe it necessary to avoid a serious threat to health or safety or to prevent serious harm.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To screen for and prevent undesirable or abusive activities.
- To prevent potentially illegal activities.
- To prevent or control disease, injury, or disability.
- To notify a person who may have been exposed to a disease or may be at risk for contracting or spreading a disease or condition.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Organization, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Service Providers. We may disclose personal information to third-party service providers (e.g., payment processing and data storage and processing facilities) that assist us in our work. We limit the Personal Information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and we require them to agree to maintain the confidentiality of such personal information.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
We strive to give you autonomy over your personal information. Therefore, there are several ways for you to access or request change or deletion of your personal information.
Note: We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
- Delete Data: You can ask us to erase or delete all or some of your personal data (e.g. if it is no longer necessary to provide services to you). If you request that any of your personal data be deleted, we reserve the right to terminate and/or limit your access to the Service to the extent Services cannot be reasonably provided without that information.
- Change or Correct Data: You can edit some of your personal data through your account. You can also ask us to change, update or fix your data, particularly if it is inaccurate.
- Object to, or Limit or Restrict, Use of Data: You can ask us to stop using all or some of your personal data (e.g., if we have no legal right to keep using it) or to limit our use of it (e.g., if your personal data is inaccurate or unlawfully held).
- Right to Access and/or Take Your Data: You can ask us for a copy of your personal data and can ask for a copy of personal data you provided in machine readable form.
Any requests for the aforementioned should be sent to email@example.com
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request disclosure about the personal information we collect and details about how we collect, use, and disclose your personal information. California residents also have the right to request that we delete personal information under certain circumstances. Furthermore, all California residents have the right to opt out of the sale of personal information (Note. Sale is defined very broadly under the law). To make such a request, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: Janie Reade LLC, 1211 E Denny Way #B53, Seattle, WA 98122, USA.
Your Rights Under the GDPR
Lawful Grounds for Processing Personal Data of Data Subjects: We rely upon the following legal grounds to process Personal Data under the GDPR: (a) your consent; and (b) the legitimate interest of Organization or a third-party. Where we rely on your consent as the legal grounds, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place. Where we rely on legitimate interests as the legal basis and those legitimate interests are not specified above, we will explain to you what those legitimate interests are at the time that we collect your information.
Individual Rights and Data Subject Requests: If you are an EU resident and we process your Personal Data, you may exercise certain rights, described below, under the GDPR. In order to exercise any of the rights described below, please contact us at _____ and provide specific and detailed information about your request necessary for us to respond to and carry out your request.
- You may object to processing: you may object to certain types of processing, including processing of your information for direct marketing purposes.
- You may request to be informed about our processing: you may request information about how we process your Personal Data and your rights under the GDPR. This Policy is intended to provide you with such information, but you may contact us if you believe this Policy does not do so.
- You may obtain access to your Personal Data: you may obtain access to your Personal Data that we process.
- You may request rectification: if you believe any Personal Data we process is incorrect or incomplete, you may request that we correct it.
- You may request deletion of your Personal Data: you may request that we remove or delete your Personal Data if there is no legitimate reason for us to continue processing or storing it. We may retain certain Personal Data to keep a record of our compliance with your request.
- You may restrict our processing of your Personal Data: you may request that we cease further processing of your Personal Data. If you make such a request, we may continue to store your Personal Data but will not make further use of it.
- You may withdraw consent: if we are relying on consent as the lawful ground to process your Personal Data, you may withdraw your consent for such processing at any time without affecting the lawfulness of processing based upon your consent before it is withdrawn.
We will endeavor to address your request within a reasonable amount of time from receipt of the request. We will inform you within 30 days from receipt of your request if an extension is necessary and the reason for the delay.
In addition to the above rights, you may submit a complaint about our processing of your Personal Data to your national data protection regulator.
Retention of Personal Data: Pursuant to the GDPR, we will permanently erase your Personal Data at such time there is no lawful basis or legal obligation for us to store or process the Personal Data.
We have implemented reasonable measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to or through our Website or through any other means. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
The Organization retains your information for as long as it is required for the purposes stated in this Policy. Sometimes, we may retain your information for longer periods as permitted or required by law, such as to maintain suppression lists, prevent abuse, if required in connection with a legal claim or proceeding, to enforce our agreements, or for tax or accounting. When we no longer have a legitimate need to process your information, we will delete or anonymize your information from our active databases.
Consent to Processing
The Website is hosted and operated in the United States in accordance with the laws of the United States. We make no representation that the Website is governed by or operated in accordance with the laws of any other nation. If you are located in the European Union, Canada, or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that information we collect may be transferred to and processed in the United States. By using the Website, or providing us with any information, you (a) acknowledge that the Website is subject to the laws of the United States, (b) consent to the collection, processing, maintenance, and transfer of such information in and to the United States and other applicable territories in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as or equivalent to those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen, and (c) waive any claims that may arise under those laws.
To ask questions or comment about this Policy and our privacy practices, contact us at email@example.com
or via our toll-free number (US): 833-227-2428
back to www.janiereade.com